Hair Stylist Jobs
In Ashland, Va.
ReAwaken Massage & Facial Spa in Ashland, VA is looking for a licensed massage therapist to join our team. We are located on 112 Thompson Street Suite C.
Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and hard-working. Create your own hours, change your life!
Our company culture nurtures growth and prosperity. (Our philosophy is based on enabling our therapist to grow themselves personally and professionally. We do this by offering a serene and safe environment, with amazing working conditions. Our primary focus is ensuring our client experience is phenomenal and compassion centered. We will give you the space to grow. If you have an existing book and want space to build yourself and your reputation, this is the place for you…
We offer one of, if not, the best pay structures in Central Virginia, with additional opportunities to make additional revenue via marketing efforts and aiding company growth.
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid DPOR license from the State of Virginia
About ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa
Ashland’s Gem of Relaxation
ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa offers a wide range of relaxing massage therapy treatments, sensual and invigorating facial treatments, and “cuping” sessions to release the tensions of the day. The Spa features two private-treatment rooms designed for clients’ comfort as well as a soothing lounge, the Ashland’s gem of peacefulness. The licensed professionals at ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa are trained in all aspects of manual massage therapy, including deep-tissue, Swedish, sports, hot-stone bodywork, and more. The studio encourages patrons to schedule regular therapy sessions, as they can help reduce fatigue, chronic aches and pains, boost one’s immune system, improve one’ sleep habits and improve one’s overallquality of life.
-Founder and CEO