In Ashland, Va.
ReAwaken Massage & Facial Spa in Ashland, VA is inviting spa apprentices to join our team. We are located on 112 Thompson Street Suite C.
Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and hard-working. Create your own hours, change your life!
Our company culture nurtures growth and prosperity. (Our philosophy is based on enabling our therapist to grow themselves personally and professionally. We do this by offering a serene and safe environment, with amazing working conditions. Our primary focus is ensuring our client experience is phenomenal and compassion centered. We will give you the space to grow. If you have an existing book and want space to build yourself and your reputation, this is the place for you…
We offer one of, if not, the best pay structures in Central Virginia, with additional opportunities to make additional revenue via marketing efforts and aiding company growth.
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
- Administer therapy treatments to patients using hands or physical treatment aids.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine how massage will be most helpful.
- Interview patients to gather medical information.
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Assess clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Assess physical conditions of patients to aid in diagnosis or treatment.
- Treat clients in professional settings or travel to clients’ offices and homes.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
- Consult with other health care professionals, such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians, and psychologists, to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage.
- Prepare and blend oils and apply the blends to clients’ skin..
- Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and hot stones to promote clients’ recovery, relaxation, and well-being.
Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for this position, must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
Education: Must be currently enrolled in a licensed massage therapist training program.
Training: One or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be applicable
We are looking forward to reading your application.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages and/ or emails from ReAwaken Spa about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
About ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa
Ashland’s Gem of Relaxation
ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa offers a wide range of relaxing massage therapy treatments, sensual and invigorating facial treatments, and “cuping” sessions to release the tensions of the day. The Spa features two private-treatment rooms designed for clients’ comfort as well as a soothing lounge, the Ashland’s gem of peacefulness. The licensed professionals at ReAwaken Massage and Facial Spa are trained in all aspects of manual massage therapy, including deep-tissue, Swedish, sports, hot-stone bodywork, and more. The studio encourages patrons to schedule regular therapy sessions, as they can help reduce fatigue, chronic aches and pains, boost one’s immune system, improve one’ sleep habits and improve one’s overallquality of life.
-Founder and CEO